Snapchat is one of the most popular social media platforms available on the internet today. It has millions of downloads on Google Play Store and iOS devices. But Snapchat has one feature that happens to be very annoying for most of the people. With Snapchat, people can send images or videos known as snaps that disappear after the viewer has seen it. But, we have got some quick workarounds to take the screenshot in the Snapchat without letting them know.
Snapchat was initially meant to be used as a person to person photo-sharing social app. But with time, it evolved to as a most popular social platform to share short duration videos, chatting on live video, instant messaging, and much more.
If you really want to take a screenshot of others snap in Snapchat, there are a couple of things you can do. One of the simple ways is to take the screenshot. But, that’s not the same case. We have listed some of the best working methods by which you will easily be able to take the screenshot. So, let’s get started.
How to Take Screenshot on Snapchat (For Android & iOS Users)
Below are 6 cool ways by which you can take Screenshot of people’s snaps on Snapchat. These things include some of the best tips and tricks that actually work without them knowing.
1. Take Screenshot with the help of a Secondary Device
This is far one of the best ways you can capture a snap of your friends without them knowing. Just use another device, open your friend’s snap and click a photo of that snap on your secondary device. This way, the person who is posting a snap on Snapchat will never know that you are taking a screenshot of their snaps.
Just see if the snap posted is in the image or video format. If its an image, it will be quite easier for you to take a picture of it. But, just in case, if it is a video you have to be a bit steady while recording the video snap on another phone.
2. Take Screenshot with the Airplane Mode On
Ok, so this is also one of the very quick workarounds when you have got something really important to save. But, just in case you don’t have time, make use of your Airplane Mode. Read below to know how this method works.
This trick is pretty simple. Whenever you take Screenshot, the person who has uploaded the snap will know. Because the Snapchat sends a notification to them using your WiFi or mobile data. So, we just have to cut off the internet connection while taking the screenshot of the snap.
1. Open Snapchat app and let the Snaps get loaded in the app.
2. Now, once the Snaps are loaded, turn off the Airplane Mode. Turning off the Airplane Mode will automatically disable mobile data, WiFi, and Bluetooth connection.
3. Now take the screenshot while the Airplane mode is on.
4. Now that you have taken the screenshot, turn Airplane mode on immediately and use Snapchat like you do normally.
3. Use Google Assistant to Take Screenshot of the Snap
If you are an Android user, You might not be using Google Assistant frequently for daily use but in this case, it turns out to be a lifesaver. Now with this method, you have got something more to do with Google Assistant rather than just asking questions and setting alarm.
So the idea here is to use your Google Assistant to take a screenshot of the snap and share it with other platforms without saving it to the gallery. If you save the screenshot to the gallery, they will get to know it.
1. Open Snapchat, then open the Snap of which you want to take Screenshot and
2. Then press your home button or simply say “OK, Google” and ask Google Assistant to take the screenshot.
3. After taking the screenshot, you will have options to share the screenshot to different platforms. Just make sure, you don’t save the screenshot into your Gallery or Photos app.
4. Rather send your screenshot to the Gmail or any other third party social media apps. And then download that screenshot image from there.
4. Use Third-party Screenshot Taker Apps
The person who has posted the Snap will know if you have taken the screenshot using the traditional methods on your phone. But, they will never get notified if you take the screenshot using third-party apps.
There are a lot of free apps available on the Google Play Store as well as on the Apple App Store that will help you to take the screenshot. Use any of them and take Screenshot of the snaps you want without them knowing.
5. Take Screenshot using Screen Mirroring
This is also the best way to save a screenshot of Snaps from Snapchat without them knowing. Use any screen Mirroring app available on the Play Store or app store and connect it to your computer or TV. After connecting your smartphone to your computer, just capture the Snap cast on your screen and save it. Thus, they won’t know that you took a screenshot of their snaps.
We hope you have found the above methods helpful in taking the Screenshot on Snapchat. You can use any of the above methods you find time-saving and convenient for you. We don’t encourage you to sneak into someone’s privacy and take Screenshot of any sensitivity images. Whatever you are doing, Just make sure that it doesn’t hamper one’s personal space. Again if you have any better workarounds for taking screenshots in snapchat without letting them know, please let us know in the comment section below. Follow us for more helpful guides and tips and tricks.