We all know how popular Netflix is when it comes to watching movies, web series online. Netflix has been one of the most popular online streaming platform available on this planet. With thousands of movies and hundreds of web series and TV shows, Netflix becomes the binge-watching King of the internet. But, unfortunately, there are certain issues with Netflix that would spoil your viewing experience. And one of the issues is a black screen appears in front of you with sound on when you are watching your favorite show on Netflix. And If you are looking to fix that issue, Then you are in the right place. Continue reading to fix the Netflix black screen issue.
If you are having a black screen while watching on the Netflix app or in the browser, there might be several reasons that causing the black screen. No matter what devices you are watching Netflix on, this issue is common nowadays and it can be fixed instantly in the following ways. We have listed all the possible methods with the help of which you can fix the Netflix Black Screen issue. So, let’s get started.
How to Fix Netflix Black Screen Issue?
There is some issue that is causing black screen on Netflix. No matter what on devices you are using Netflix, here are some quick fixes that will help you to resolve this issue.
1. Update Your Browser
First things first, you will face a lot of issues with sites such as Netflix and other streaming services if you are browser is not up to date. So before getting involved in any other things, try updating your browser first and then see if the Netflix black screen issue persists. If the problem is still not fixed try the following methods.
2. Update Your Graphics Drivers
Updating your graphic driver might solve the Black Screen issue. The black screen issue is concerned with the graphic driver of your computer. If your PC or computer has outdated graphic drivers, then there might be a chance that you encounter a black screen while watching Netflix. To update graphic drivers, follow the steps below.
1. Right click on the My Computer icon, and click on the properties.
2. After that click on the Device Manager and look for the “Display Adapter” option.
3. Now, double click on the display adapter. You will see your graphic card configuration.
4. Now double click on the graphic card and click on the update driver button.
5. Once you click on the update driver button, Your graphic drivers will be updated automatically. If you have a dedicated graphic driver on your laptop, then update that Graphic card display adapter too.
6. Once you have updated your graphic drivers, try again and check if the black screen still exist.
3. Clear Your Browser Cache
Sometimes, your browser cache could be the issue responsible for the Netflix black screen issue. We recommend you to clear your browser cache to see if it solves the problem.
1. To clear browser cache, first of all, open your browser and click on the three dots present on the top right corner of the screen.
2. Then click on the history, clicking on the history will open a side menu where you have to click on the history again. You can alternatively press CTRL+H to open history.
3. Now, click on the “Clear browsing data” button at the left side of the screen.
4. After clicking on it, you see 3 options selected. Namely, browsing history, cookies, and cached images and files. At the end click on the clear data to erase the cache of your browser.
5. Now again, go to the Netflix and see if you have got the issue fixed.
4. Check For Windows Update
Updating your Windows is also important and it might certainly fix your black screen issue.
1. To update your Windows system, press Windows key + I altogether.
2. Now click on Update & Security.
3. Now, click on the Check for updates button and let the Windows automatically check for the updates. If any updates are available to download, then download and install them.
4. After the updates have been installed on your PC, restart your computer and try logging into Netflix again.
5. Clear Netflix Cookies
This method works for most people. Simply visit Netflix.com/clearcookies and clear your Netflix site cookies. Clearing your cookies will log you out of the Netflix. Login again into Netflix and try again. This should fix the Black screen issue on Netflix.
We hope by following the above methods, you will be able to solve the Netflix Black Screen issue. You should know that the Black screen issue is common nowadays and might occur due to a verity of different things. But, by following the above methods, you will again be able to enjoy your favorite movies and TV shows. If you have any queries or doubts, don’t forget to ask in the comment section below. Keep visiting us for more awesome how-to guides and tips and tricks.